Thursday, August 28, 2014

DIY personalized napkins



if you follow me on instagram, you'll recognize this picture i posted yesterday.  mark and i eloped on july 4th, but are having a party 'reception' at our home on saturday.  i wanted to jazz up simple paper napkins and have a very easy DIY project to share with you.  it took me less than an hour to make 150 of these super cute cocktail napkins for our guests...

items you will need:
paper napkins in your choice of color
one personalized hand-held embosser


i ordered my embosser from customembosserpro.com.  i chose a 2" round monogram style.  it arrived 2 days after my order was placed and they have tons of styles to choose from.  it's a small investment, but you'll have this forever and can use it over and over again.  my napkins came from party city :)

now to the embossing part.  make sure you choose a bottom loaded embosser position for this to work properly.  to keep the location of my monogram consistent, i lined up the embossing plate with the bottom and right side of my napkin.  press and repeat; yes it's that simple.


i think details are what make things special and this is an easy way to elevate something ordinary.  if you try it, share your pics, i'd love to see them!




No comments:

Post a Comment